This was the sight out in front of our office for an exciting one whole minute today. Apparently the Kenyan government has passed a law that matatu drivers hate. As such, the natural reaction is to protest and walk down Ngong road with leafy sticks. After doing some research it enacts the following:
- Life imprisonment for reckless driving (I believe matatu actually translates into reckless)
- Physical and mental examination for matatu drivers every 3 years
- Criminalizes drunk driving
- UPDATE: No more overtaking (this is like asking a person to stop breathing)
- UPDATE: No more cutting through gas stations to jump traffic
Now I get it.